About us & our Next Concerts
The Vancouver Orpheus Male Choir is part of Vancouver, Canada’s thriving community choir scene. Formed in 1992 for men of all ages who enjoy singing, the choir focuses on popular songs from many times and lands, including Broadway showtunes, spirituals, sea shanties, and rousing male voice classics.
Come and enjoy a performance of choral power and passion that only a male choir can deliver!
Some testimonials from audience members:
- “..not enjoyed myself as much at a concert for many years.”
- “I was not prepared to feel the emotions each and every song stirred up.”
- “It moved me to tears they sang so beautifully.”
- “This concert was a real treat – what marvelous entertainment! Many thanks!”
Celebrating the 90th anniversary of the Cambrian Hall
Saturday, October 5th an evening concert will be held at West Point Grey United Church in Vancouver. The concert is jointly organized with the Vancouver Welsh Society. Guest artist are: Nerys Jones (mezzo soprano), Leanne Page and her son Conor (harp and pipe) and, from Wales, tenor Samuel Wyn-Morris.
2019 Christmas concerts
- Friday, December 6th an evening concert at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, 20955 Old Yale Road, Langley.
- Sunday, December 8th an evening joint concert with “Harmony” Women’s Choir at Trinity United Church, 2211 Prairie Ave., Port Coquitlam.
- Friday, December 13th an evening joint concert with St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School Choir at St. Catherine’s Anglican Church, 1058 Ridgewood Drive, North Vancouver.
- Sunday, December 15th an afternoon joint concert with Crescent Choirs Children’s Choir at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church, 2350 – 148th St., South Surrey.