Orpheus on Tour
The Orpheus take on a major tour every two years. The concerts are typically arranged by local choirs and here are some details of tours these last years.
2019-20 season: Tour of the Maritimes
This tour was postponed for 1 year due to COVID-19. However we did rehearse on-line during the pandemic.
2017-18 season: North by Northwest Tour
We sang with,
- The RE and Sine Nomine choirs at Knox United Church in Terrace
- The Sine Nomine choir at Mount Elizabeth Church in Kitimat
- The Local Vocals Community Choir at the Smithers Christian Reformed Church in Smithers
- Lakes District Community Choir & The Chambermaids at the First Mennonite Church in Burns Lake
- The Nove Voce Choir at St Michael and the Angels Anglican Church in Prince George
We also sang in the Historic Town of Barkerville:
2015-16 season: Tour of Wales
After years of planning, in September of 2015, 33 singers, Liana, Barry and some of our wives piled into a bus and went on a seven concert tour of Wales. We were well received at every venue and in spite of almost everyone getting ill, we had a great time. Hearing our host choirs reminded us why Wales is considered the land of song. We sang with,
- The Cwmbach Male Choir in Mountain Ash
- The Ebbw Vale Male Choir in Ebbw Vale
- The Llanelli Male Choir in Llanelli
- The Whitland Male Choir in Whitland
- The Aberystwyth Male Choir in Aberystwyth
- The Colwyn Male Choir in Llandudno
- The Brymbo Male Choir in Bangor on Dee
Of course there was also singing in the pub after the concerts too.
2012-13 season: Tour of the Kootenays
We sang with,
- The Heritage Harmony Barbershop Chorus in Nelson
- The Blossom Valley Singers in Creston
- The Sun Valley Song in Cranbrook
- The Kimberley Community Choir in Kimberley
- The Shuswap Mens Chorus in Salmon Arm
- The Naramata Community Choir in Penticton
2010-11 season: Tour of Ontario
In early May of 2011 we toured in Ontario culminating in a performance in Brantford Ontario with seven other male choirs. Each choir got to sing two or three pieces before all 230 men sang six numbers together.
We sang two pieces. You can see both of them on YouTube: Prayer of the Children and I Get Around. Our second song “brought the house down” and rewarded us with a standing ovation. (Use your browser’s back button to return to this page afterwards.) Prayer of the Children is also on our fourth CD, “Coming Home”. In Ontario we sang with,
The Queensmen Male Chorus of Ontario in Brampton
- The Niagara Mens Chorus in Virgil
- The Goderich Harbouraires Male Choir in Goderich
- The Canadian Orpheus Male Choir in Burlington and then,
- One of six choirs in Brantford where we “brought the house down”.